Skip to main content

Alaska


Well we made it. With the whole move, then settling in, then everything changing as school let out and summer began, it's been hard to make time to come here and share. However I have been working very hard to manifest my dreams and hopes for my life and future, and one of the things I want to do is create more time to create.

So here I am. Creating. On the beautiful island of Kodiak. I will make the time to share more in the traveling part of our journey, since it did take over a day and we packed a lot into that experience. But this move has been so wonderful. And hard. And fun. And every emotion and feeling in between. It's great for O to have her cousins to play with and learn from, but it's also hard since they are raised and parented differently than how I do. I can definitely see her picking up some bad habits, but also some good ones. And I too have picked up different habits, whether good or bad depends on your perspective, that mainly pertain to parenting. In the end, we will all be okay. It's not forever and I'm thankful for having had the opportunity to come all this way. It's a constantly changing time and place, making it hard to establish rhythm and routine, but hopefully some sort of structure will emerge and grace us all with the stability and comfort that, in my opinion, is dearly needed here.

I am manifesting many other dreams, that still touch on creativity, and I would love to share all of that here when the time is right.

The photo above is from a place called White Sands Beach here in Kodiak. Most of the beaches on the island have black sand. We had a BBQ with many friends on Memorial Day, some of the children even went swimming in the ocean. It was such a lovely time together. Thank you for reading, thank you for supporting.

Love and dreams,
Naomi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

We went tide-pooling recently and O found a little jellyfish, which she is clearly so proud of. This is a time of transitions. Summer turning to autumn. O going from toddler to little girl. Moving back east after a long stint in Alaska. And all that takes a lot of mental space to deal with and get through. Bigger feelings, and bigger suitcases make this time in our lives and the year one that needs a little extra attention. Whether that is downsizing, quality time, or just extra cuddles during the day, it's a season that we will get through. Together. Just as we have always done. It is also a time where I am less attached to any one place than I ever have been, and that is definitely a vulnerable feeling. It's like I'm a bit of kelp that has come loose from its rock and is now floating freely around the vast ocean. I really need to take this time to reflect on where I am and where I would like to go. Now is the time to manifest my dreams into a reality, while I'

Letter to my Daughter

Dear little one, I'm so blessed that you chose me to be your mother. You are such a sweet soul who is kind and loving toward everyone, even at your tender age. Thank you for that. Parenting is hard enough without the added challenge of trying to know and connect with your child. You connect so easily with everyone around you that it makes my job of raising you and teaching you that much easier. I'm going to try my hardest to keep you as the sweet, innocent, little girl that you are now for as long as possible. You are only going to be a small child for so long , so why rush? Enjoy learning and growing into your own person. Take your time exploring the world around you and all of the wonders it has to offer. Again, thank you for the opportunity to watch you grow and make your mark on this earth, I'm so excited to see it all unfold. Love, Your mom

Ten months

Little O turned ten months old today, on the first day of spring. How is that possible? Didn't she just turn two weeks old the other day? Didn't she just become strong enough to hold her head up on her own just a little while ago? Time really does fly. Especially when you're a little one who's learning all new things every day! She's gotten pat-a-cake down, waving, high fives, and all sorts of other fun things. Now we're practicing blowing kisses, people's names, and baby signs. I think names may take a while, though this girl is so observant and a learning machine! I believe signs will come so quickly and so naturally to her, we've all just got to be consistent and persistent. While I am completely enjoying this time of watching her learn and grow at such a rapid pace (however I could do away with this temper she seems to have gotten, with all the screaming and scratching, but it shall pass eventually, patience!), I cannot wait until she's bigge