Skip to main content

Holiday goodness

It is now 2018, oh my! The holiday whirlwind has come and gone, and though I was fully prepared and not stressed, it does take a lot out of you! Add in a two-and-a-half year old and that's just a recipe for some nerves fraying. But it's once a year, and it does bring the whole family together so I wouldn't have it any other way.

As in traditional new year ways, I've decided that this will be the year that I fully commit to keeping this blog alive, and post once a week minimum. Now that it's out in the universe, hopefully that will help it manifest, though I definitely need to do my part!

For my first post of the year I thought it would be nice if I shared a few photos of what little O received for Christmas.


Stocking stuffers: wikkistix (leftover from her birthday), bamboo to-go utensils, colored pencils, seeds, temporary tattoos, essential oil roller, thrifted dreidel, candle she made (everyone got one in their stocking), chocolate coins, lollipop, and a locally made chocolate snowman. Not pictured: two thrifted books, stickers, a clementine, and beginner chopsticks.


A whale balancing game from some close friends, who clearly know us very well.


Tell me a story cards. This and the whale game where the only two presents O knew were hers under the tree, and she opened this before everyone was awake, which was actually perfect since it held her attention for almost an hour!


This flashlight shows little pictures on the ceiling or wall. My sister brought it back for little O from Spain. Such a fun and thoughtful little thing.


This alphabet game is such a hit. O is really getting into learning all the letters so this couldn't have come at a better time.


This was her big gift from me. A custom made apothecary kit! I ordered it from the Etsy seller Lisa, and I am blown away by her work! O has been healing us from all of our ailments, and learning along the way.


It's hard to see, but my mom got O this outfit, little maroon corduroy overalls from Spain. Also my sister came back from a three month extended stay in Spain, and O was over the moon to have her auntie back!

This isn't all that she got, there were seven or so books under the tree, and we do some gifts from family during our Christmas party. From that little O got some locally made playdoh, more books, and a few things that I returned since she already had them or they didn't fit with our lifestyle and instead got her a vintage Holly Hobbie paper doll, which she is much more into than I would have thought! St Nicholas (so far we aren't doing Santa) also visited on December 6th, and he brought a lacing board, new jammies, a few food treats, and a small treasure chest.

All in all I think this holiday season went well for us. It wasn't overly wasteful, it was generally calm and relaxing though a few naps were skipped and we're slowly getting back in track from that. A lot was handmade, local, and thrifted, which are all pluses in my book. I'm grateful for a simple loving girl, and family that more or less understands what we value as a mom and her girl.

I hope you all are fully recovered from the holidays, vacations, etc and that the start to your new year is going well, and that all your goals, dreams, resolutions, intentions come to you in some form or another!

Magic, happiness, and light
Naomi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

We went tide-pooling recently and O found a little jellyfish, which she is clearly so proud of. This is a time of transitions. Summer turning to autumn. O going from toddler to little girl. Moving back east after a long stint in Alaska. And all that takes a lot of mental space to deal with and get through. Bigger feelings, and bigger suitcases make this time in our lives and the year one that needs a little extra attention. Whether that is downsizing, quality time, or just extra cuddles during the day, it's a season that we will get through. Together. Just as we have always done. It is also a time where I am less attached to any one place than I ever have been, and that is definitely a vulnerable feeling. It's like I'm a bit of kelp that has come loose from its rock and is now floating freely around the vast ocean. I really need to take this time to reflect on where I am and where I would like to go. Now is the time to manifest my dreams into a reality, while I'

Letter to my Daughter

Dear little one, I'm so blessed that you chose me to be your mother. You are such a sweet soul who is kind and loving toward everyone, even at your tender age. Thank you for that. Parenting is hard enough without the added challenge of trying to know and connect with your child. You connect so easily with everyone around you that it makes my job of raising you and teaching you that much easier. I'm going to try my hardest to keep you as the sweet, innocent, little girl that you are now for as long as possible. You are only going to be a small child for so long , so why rush? Enjoy learning and growing into your own person. Take your time exploring the world around you and all of the wonders it has to offer. Again, thank you for the opportunity to watch you grow and make your mark on this earth, I'm so excited to see it all unfold. Love, Your mom

Ten months

Little O turned ten months old today, on the first day of spring. How is that possible? Didn't she just turn two weeks old the other day? Didn't she just become strong enough to hold her head up on her own just a little while ago? Time really does fly. Especially when you're a little one who's learning all new things every day! She's gotten pat-a-cake down, waving, high fives, and all sorts of other fun things. Now we're practicing blowing kisses, people's names, and baby signs. I think names may take a while, though this girl is so observant and a learning machine! I believe signs will come so quickly and so naturally to her, we've all just got to be consistent and persistent. While I am completely enjoying this time of watching her learn and grow at such a rapid pace (however I could do away with this temper she seems to have gotten, with all the screaming and scratching, but it shall pass eventually, patience!), I cannot wait until she's bigge