Skip to main content

Library finds

Little O loves books. It doesn't matter what they are about, if they are appropriate for children, or if it's in another language. She will ask you to read it, or more often then not just read it herself. Granted she cannot read yet, but she will still try!

As you can guess, library days are some of our favorites. We try to go once a week, though lately I've been checking out so many books for her we don't have to go as often. I thought I would share some that we've gotten lately that we enjoy.

One of our favorites, definitely going to have to add it to our personal collection. This whole series is wonderful.

Always love reading about animals.

Reading about different cultures, traditions, and holidays is one of my favorite things to do.

Quite a bit beyond O's understanding, but this book introduces math in a very interesting way, as well as being stewards of the earth.

Cousteau is O's grandfather's idol, so of course we had to read all about him. Beautiful illustrations to boot.

Sweet story about how a little girl helps out at the family shop.

Such beautiful and vibrant illustrations.

Definitely one of the most beautiful nonfiction books out there. Where were these sorts of books when I was in school??

A bit beyond O's comprehension, but a lovely story about refugees. Definitely give this a look.

Such a cool way of looking at large concepts.

We love wishes in this house!

Another beautiful book, which I have already added to our personal library. O recently learned the alphabet song, and a few minutes after she sang it all the way through for the first time she picked up this book and spelled out the whole title with no help! I think this girl is going places.

Sharing books with O, as well as with you all here, is one of my favorite things. If I could I'd have floor to ceiling book shelves in at least half the house. They are one of the only things I don't think I'd ever be able to minimize. 

Have you read any lovely, sweet, beautiful, or eye opening books lately? I'm always looking for recommendations!

Peace, happiness, and joy
Naomi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

We went tide-pooling recently and O found a little jellyfish, which she is clearly so proud of. This is a time of transitions. Summer turning to autumn. O going from toddler to little girl. Moving back east after a long stint in Alaska. And all that takes a lot of mental space to deal with and get through. Bigger feelings, and bigger suitcases make this time in our lives and the year one that needs a little extra attention. Whether that is downsizing, quality time, or just extra cuddles during the day, it's a season that we will get through. Together. Just as we have always done. It is also a time where I am less attached to any one place than I ever have been, and that is definitely a vulnerable feeling. It's like I'm a bit of kelp that has come loose from its rock and is now floating freely around the vast ocean. I really need to take this time to reflect on where I am and where I would like to go. Now is the time to manifest my dreams into a reality, while I'

Zero Waste: Toddler Edition

As someone who strives to be minimal and produce as little waste as I can, these are a few of my essentials for myself as well as O when it comes to snacking away from home. Whether that's doing a grocery run, spending too much at Target, or having a beach picnic, these few things are usually in my bag at all times. Jars: for bulk snacks and leftovers Napkin: for messy faces and hands Reusable snack bags: for more bulk snacks or a small toy or game Beeswrap: mostly for cheese Mason jar cup: for smoothies, water, or even a hot cocoa treat Most of these cost me little to no money. We always have jars in the cupboard, I made the beeswrap out of some old fabric I had (with bees no less!) and beeswax, the silicone jar sleeve and straw cover were recent purchases for our cross country trip, the straw I picked up at our local swap shop for free since none of my other reusable straws were short enough, and the napkin and snack bag came as part of my Mighty Fix subscription.

2019 intentions, goals, and dreams

Another year, another chance to set intentions for how you envision the year to unfold. While you can do this at anytime and for any reason, the calendar year always seems like a great place to start. The crisp winter air and *sometimes* a fresh blanket of snow creating the illusion that the world is your canvas and you can make it any way you want. A couple of weeks ago I was talking with little O about setting goals and intentions and wishes for things we want to do and learn in the new year, and I thought sharing her ideas, as well as mine, would be a good way to start this new year. My intentions, goals, and dreams for 2019 and beyond: Learn to knit and crochet- I have learned both but I have only ever made scarves, and not very well Blog regularly- and by that I think I'd like to post in this space at least three times a month Exercise regularly- I haven't thought much about what this means exactly but I did do yoga this      morning with O and that felt right and w