Skip to main content

Past due

It is definitely past the due date for a new post, I've just been having trouble deciding how I want this blog to be, and what I want it to accomplish. Is it to shed light into my life, or is it just a way for me to get down ideas and thoughts? Perhaps it will become both.

This summer has been flying by, with all this heat and humidity we are certainly not used to in the Northeast. I've always been one to comment on how much I love the warmth and do not love the cold, however I've become accustomed to knowing our summers are more on the mild side. Climate change has definitely reached us up here!

Little O is over one now. She is walking, running, climbing, falling, and everything in between. She is a constant babbler, with some real words and names mixed in there for good measure. A couple of weeks ago I finally made the switch over to cloth diapers, which is something that I wanted to do from the beginning but just never knew where to start. It's been a learning process as to how to make it work, but I'm confident that everything will work out. I will still have some disposable diapers in the house, especially when we are traveling, however I will be cancelling my diaper subscription since I will no longer need so many every month. I bought the cloth diapers secondhand, and while the lady I got them from has a different style preference than I do, we are making due. O doesn't seem to mind either way, but I've heard diaper rash is less common with cloth so I'm sure she will appreciate that.

Hopefully I will remember to use the next few weeks or so to post more regularly and hone in on what I desire this space to be. Bare with me, but I hope I can create something you all can enjoy and brings some light and happiness into your life. Now I'm off to check the garden before a quick cold shower!

Peace and blessings,
Naomi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

We went tide-pooling recently and O found a little jellyfish, which she is clearly so proud of. This is a time of transitions. Summer turning to autumn. O going from toddler to little girl. Moving back east after a long stint in Alaska. And all that takes a lot of mental space to deal with and get through. Bigger feelings, and bigger suitcases make this time in our lives and the year one that needs a little extra attention. Whether that is downsizing, quality time, or just extra cuddles during the day, it's a season that we will get through. Together. Just as we have always done. It is also a time where I am less attached to any one place than I ever have been, and that is definitely a vulnerable feeling. It's like I'm a bit of kelp that has come loose from its rock and is now floating freely around the vast ocean. I really need to take this time to reflect on where I am and where I would like to go. Now is the time to manifest my dreams into a reality, while I'

2019 intentions, goals, and dreams

Another year, another chance to set intentions for how you envision the year to unfold. While you can do this at anytime and for any reason, the calendar year always seems like a great place to start. The crisp winter air and *sometimes* a fresh blanket of snow creating the illusion that the world is your canvas and you can make it any way you want. A couple of weeks ago I was talking with little O about setting goals and intentions and wishes for things we want to do and learn in the new year, and I thought sharing her ideas, as well as mine, would be a good way to start this new year. My intentions, goals, and dreams for 2019 and beyond: Learn to knit and crochet- I have learned both but I have only ever made scarves, and not very well Blog regularly- and by that I think I'd like to post in this space at least three times a month Exercise regularly- I haven't thought much about what this means exactly but I did do yoga this      morning with O and that felt right and w

What we've been reading

Every now and then we  come across a wonderful book that I just have to share. Whether the illustrations are beautiful, the words are enlightening, or the overall plot or idea is engaging, there is something about a well thought out book that just gets to me. And now, without further ado, The Golden Glow by Benjamin Flouw. This book is wonderfully written, beautifully illustrated, has talking animals, funny bits, plant identification, and a great message at the end. I highly recommend checking it out from your local library, or purchasing it from a local independent bookstore.  May you always have enough light to read by, Naomi